Easy, breezy.....no tools used....raised bed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It just doesn't come easier to "build" than this........
20200619_165031-1.jpg

P

Peace perfect peace

Plenty of good reason's why you should think of raised beds,
Ie wheelchair uses have the idea space to do gardeing without keaving the chair, And can be built with space all around for the chair to have acces?
If the bed is made so you can reach from side to side to the centre of the bed "you can weed and plant easy enough,
You can make top covers with water plastic tubes bent over the complete bed and secured by simple loop holders so you can use netting for protection from animals, the tubes from the builders yard, cheap, weather protected, no maintainance needed, and light but good in the wind and rain.
The same idea to make good cold frames,
The list is a long one as to the good reason to have a raised bed, ive two and AI's got a few,
To be honest ive no reason not to have one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are the blocks designed for raised beds? I have never seen them before.
Seems that they are designed for projects like raised beds...They are called "PLANTER WALL BLOCKS". I got them in the 'Garden Section' at Home Depot ($3.18 ea.) but I'm sure they are available at most any such business......Each block will EXACTLY accommodate a 2 X 6, I double stack and use a single 2 X 12.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I just used recycled 2x6's to make mine. On is a singel and two are double stacked for 11 inches total.
You do know that a 2x6 is really 1.5 by 5.5 inches don't you.

I fastened 2x4's to the ends and could use a cross bar to hold up a frost protection sheet. OH boy the tallest tomato plants I ever grew.

Al

Ask a Question