Dying yuccas

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

We replanted yuccas into a garden bed and they’re looking really bad. They started out ok but overtime have lost almost all greenery and have thinner trunks too.

Is it a lost cause and should we pull them out? Or have we don’t something wrong and is there still hope?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Perhaps His Fungus will return. Funny how a man can be so interested in dry plants yet simultaneously so knowledgeable about mushrooms and other wet fungi. I wonder if he plays an instrument because I would be dearly interested in the words of any song he writes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
My apologies Lara, I haven't any knowledge of Yuccas to help you with.

@DirtMechanic, Zigs is quite knowledgeable about plants that grow in a natural situation, his interest in cacti has been more recent. I've known him for some while through another site and as far as I know he doesn't play any instruments.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My apologies Lara, I haven't any knowledge of Yuccas to help you with.

@DirtMechanic, Zigs is quite knowledgeable about plants that grow in a natural situation, his interest in cacti has been more recent. I've known him for some while through another site and as far as I know he doesn't play any instruments.
He says he grew a yucca in about 2 inches of soil on top of a pillbox installation from the war and it did fine. I suppose one should draw a conclusion that being too wet is a problem.*

*Lord knows what that concrete had in it...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, he did grow the Yucca there, I saw an image of it. It's not what the concrete had in it, but on it. :D

Edit: I've taken this from another forum. I don't think @zigs will mind.

1649805035416.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
DSC00678.JPG

So His Fungus is growing this Yucca, and like my wife, @Tetters had something to do with the demise of the wild one. Never needle a grown woman? Ever notice how a hot looking woman will destroy things around you? It is always better than tv.
DSC00678.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
So His Fungus is growing this Yucca, and like my wife, @Tetters had something to do with the demise of the wild one. Never needle a grown woman? Ever notice how a hot looking woman will destroy things around you? It is always better than tv.

I get the feeling you don't know that I'm female. :) I quote "behind every great man there stands a great woman". I don't know about tv, I haven't owned one for 14 years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I get the feeling you don't know that I'm female. :) I quote "behind every great man there stands a great woman". I don't know about tv, I haven't owned one for 14 years.
My wife represents your statement. But that is braggin' a bit isn't it? About myself I mean.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Well I read that quote as - you can't have a great man without a great woman leading him, in preference to standing behind him. :D

Having hi-jacked Lara's thread I think we'd best return it to her.

Ask a Question