Dying Parlor Palm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,

I recently inherited a parlour palm and it's not the healthiest. Is there any way to bring this back to life. See attached screenshots. The room its in has a decent amount of light and its watered weekly. Any suggestions to improving the health of this plant?

Thanks
David
IMG_8960.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don’t see a single stem that has any life left. The ones that are green at the base are brown and pinched at the top and the ones that are green at the top are brown and pitched at the base. The only one I see with any hope of resurrection is the one that bends over to the right that is green on top. If the base on that one is pinched and dry, it’s a goner , too.:cry:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have one of these plants, and during last month it showed signs of 'fatigue' in spite of correct watering, sufficient light, regular misting, it didn`t want to play, and continued to sulk .............so I shoved it out in the cold greenhouse after giving it a jolly good talking to and guess what, it is now looking as good as new and has made lots of new growth.
So there is an answer - if they sulk treat `em rough just the same as you have to do with men
1602579441415.png

Ask a Question