Dying palm plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone, I’m new to the forum. I really hope someone has advice for me. My palm plant is slowly dying. I’ve had it since November. Little back story it was included in a plant basket with a few other plants we received for a death in the family. Unfortunately it was over watered and was not draining well. I separated the plants and repotted it. I’m emotionally attached. And I only have two plants left from it. The other plant I repotted twice and it keeps growing mold. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Please help!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 86
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your plants look like they are overwatered due to lack of drainage in the containers. Dracaena require less water than most indoor plants. Keep them hydrated but not overly wet, make sure you have good drainage. Always allow the top soil to dry out before watering. Do not overwater, as it may cause root rot to both plants. Let the top inch of soil dry well on top before watering again.

Dracaena prefers medium light but can survive in low light, however very low light slows the growth rate of new leaves.
Dracaena should not receive direct sunlight, it burns the leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just don't put so much water on them and wait until the top 2" of soil is dry before watering again. Make sure that they don't sit in standing water after you're done watering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What I would do is use coco fiber which comes in a dry brick form, I use that for all my plants, palms don't like to much water maybe put it out in the sun for a while and see how it does.

Ask a Question