Dying lily?

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello,

I'm new on the forum before all I want to salute all the people.

Regarding my lily, I'm worried cause I think is dying, I' ve tried to ask to some florist here in my town, but they said me that they weren't experts in lilys.

They said to me that in winter (Is winter now where I live) is normal that the lilies "hivernate" and appears like dead but I'm very worried about cause I thought that maybe it would turn the leafs a little yellow/brown, but my lily is like "dry", and with the leafs falling and very brown. It has turned like this in just one week.

When my lily was gifted, it came the 3 together, I put they in a flowerpot according to the florist advices, but I don't know if it is too small.

I was watering the plant once a week.

I attach a pic of my lily, with the before and the after.

before.jpg
after.jpg

If someone could help me with some advices I would be be thankfull. Regards

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

These look like a cultivar of hybrid Asiatic Lily (Lilium cv, Division 1). This is how they would normally look going dormant in the Fall. I would overwinter the pot outdoors as such lilies prefer outdoor conditions in temperate climates. After they die down in Winter, consider repotting to a larger container as the bulbs have like grown and would grow better with next year with more soil room.

Ask a Question