Dying Conifer ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone please can you help with my dying conifer caused by maybe a lack of soil in the boarder and short of water . The park home I live on as a base of shale as it used to be a collieriey ( pit ) and not a great depth of soil , but I have 5 more conifers in the same area and they are fine , many thanks.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What's the history of those conifers? How long have they been planted there? I'm also curious why the foliage seems to be so thick and impenetrable, is that natural?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi roadrunner the site was built in the mid 1960s so quite a number of years . I think it's normal for conifers to look like that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi David. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to revive a dying conifer. Unlike other plants if you cut out the dead branches it will not produce new growth. If the others are fine there's a possibility it may be diseased so it would be best to keep a check on those.

Hi Roadrunner. The foliage is very dense because they have been kept closely trimmed and shaped like topiary. That is not there normal shape.

Ask a Question