Dwindling Chile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought some Big Jim Chile peppers about a week ago. Brought them home, transplanted them into new pots. They have looked really great all until a couple of days ago and then all of a sudden they are turning yellow and leaves are starting to fall off. What am I doing wrong? I live in Colorado so I've been taking them in and out everyday. We have had some nasty weather and I couldn't put them out for the entire day, just a couple hours each day.......... Please, anyone, any ideas?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Water, sunlight, and temps could all cause those symptoms.

Too much water...they like water in moderation....not enough sun...they need full sun....low temps...they do not tolerate low temps well.

My guess from your description would be insufficient sunlight.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I have been keeping them pretty moist and like i said they haven't got good sun in a couple days. Should I be doing any kind of fertilizer? I gave them one dose when I transplanted them, but nothing since. Again...... thanx for your help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No fertilizer until they regain their health. Sounds like transplant shock from a big change in climate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not more than once a week? Even if they're in quart size pots? This Colorado sun is pretty intense?
You only water when they are droopy in the AM hours, say about 9 and then you saturate them.
It was half of what the recommended application called for. I didn't want to push it on such young plants, so I held back.
What was the NPK?

Ask a Question