Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Durgan submitted a new Showcase Item:

Durgan's Garden

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?ORFPL 8 March 2015 Durgan’s Garden.
Pictures of the garden on the cusp of Spring. There is about a foot of snow on the level and the temperature is zero degrees C.

This about 0.4 of an acre becomes a jungle in a few weeks. The cold weather will be slowly finishing starting this week. Planting is about the 24 of May for most vegetables except for some root crops whcih can go into the ground starting about the 15 of April in some cases.
URL

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I remember that from upstate NY, where we lived and gardened for 25 years. Snow is great mulch and adds nitrogen to the soil, but I'll just stick with my cow manure and wood chips!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
My area weather is much like NY State. My particular micro-climate is probably amongst the best that is available in Canada, but far from tropical.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are very nice pictures, and my vision of what the perfect winter is supposed to look like. So far, we have not gotten any snow this winter and it is almost spring now. I can't believe I am going to say this but, I am hoping for a bad winter next year!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
How fascinating. There is snow in Australia but in very few areas so your snow covered garden is amazing. Your cute little dog obviously doesn't mind cold feet. I'd love to see photos of your garden once the snow has melted.

Ask a Question