Droopy Parsley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! Not exactly sure what is wrong with this parsley. I got it last week and it looked fine. A couple days ago it started drooping a bit so I kept it well watered. Yesterday I repotted it and it still is droopy. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 44FD6D70-83A1-4242-8400-321EC93FBF69.jpeg
    44FD6D70-83A1-4242-8400-321EC93FBF69.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Flat-leaved Parsley (Petroselinum crispum var. crispum 'Neapolitanum') pictured in the OP is not wilting. Its leaves are only leaning in different directions. Parsley is easy to grow in full sun in well-drained soil with regular irrigation. In a container, fertilize occasionally with a complete, liquid fertilizer.

Petroselinum is a small genus of one to three biennial herbs, in the Celery Family (Apiaceae). The most well-known species is Parsley
(Petroselinum crispum var. crispum), which is grown worldwide as a culinary herb and garnish. There are both crisped and flat-leaved forms. Giant Parsley (Petroselinum crispum var. giganteum), is a large form native to Morocco and Algeria, though it may be extinct in the latter country.
Corn-Parsley, native to western Europe is sometimes include in this genus as Petroselinum segetum, though some recent treatments now place it in the genus Sison, as Sison segetum.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A tip with parsley, sometimes it can be very difficult to germinate from packet seed, but self seeded they grow like mad. When that plant finishes and flowers stand it where you would like parsley next year and let it drop the seeds, they will grow. I usually take one or two up and pot them on so I can stand them where I want next year's to come.

Ask a Question