Dreaming of Spring at Shinjuku Gyoen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Shinjuku_Gyoen_National_Garden_sakura_3.jpg

I'm so ready for spring to be here! Shinjuku Gyoen is one of the most famous parks in Tokyo to view the cherry blossoms. A lot of people hold "hanami" parties there, where they will pack a picnic styled lunch and enjoy it under the cherry blossom trees. The weather is nice around that time of the year - not too hot and not too cold (around April) - so it's very pleasant to be out and about enjoying the blossoms.

Since it's the New Year now I think I can start the countdown to spring!

Reaction score
Wow, Japan is such a beautiful place :) I'd love to visit it during this time of the year, this place looks amazing and it looks like one of the places someone should visit before dying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a stunning picture! I'd love to have a picnic under the cherry blossom trees. It sounds like a dream:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's gorgeous! You are such a tease since our winter has just begun! My son went to Japan last year and he fell in love with the food, the people and everything about Japan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
That's gorgeous! You are such a tease since our winter has just begun! My son went to Japan last year and he fell in love with the food, the people and everything about Japan.

I am in love with it here too! We've lived here 2 and a half years so far, with 1 and a half to go - my husband is here for work. I'm going to miss it so much when I leave! Everyone is so polite, the food absolutely is amazing, there's so much to see and do...I think the only thing I won't miss is the traffic (it's craaaazy a lot of the time!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am in love with it here too! We've lived here 2 and a half years so far, with 1 and a half to go - my husband is here for work. I'm going to miss it so much when I leave! Everyone is so polite, the food absolutely is amazing, there's so much to see and do...I think the only thing I won't miss is the traffic (it's craaaazy a lot of the time!)

That is exactly what my son has told me, and that the people are very polite and kind. I thought they are loud like the Chinese, but he said they are totally different. He said he was asking for direction to a certain, and an old lady actually walked him and his wife to the place herself. It wasn't a short walk either. That is just amazing to know for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
That is exactly what my son has told me, and that the people are very polite and kind. I thought they are loud like the Chinese, but he said they are totally different. He said he was asking for direction to a certain, and an old lady actually walked him and his wife to the place herself. It wasn't a short walk either. That is just amazing to know for me.

The same thing happened to my folks when they came to visit! They did some solo travel (caught the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto and Hiroshima) and must have been looking a bit lost with a map in hand, trying to find their hotel - and someone literally rode past on a bicycle, saw that they looked a little frazzled, and personally ensured they got to their hotel!

It makes me happy to know there are still people like that in the world! :) Glad your son had such a wonderful experience here too!

Ask a Question