Dream Garden?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any dream gardens? I know that I have one. If I could design my garden in any way that I pleased, then I would add a water fountain with a circular bench around it, surrounded by roses; then in the far back corners I'd have one section for fruits and another section for vegetables. :) I'd also want a couple hedges in the shape of Tinkerbell on either side of the entrance to the garden. :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have at least a few dream gardens!:) I want one with only white flowers and one full of different varieties of roses. I want to be surounded by jacarandas, poplars and magnolias.
I want an ivy to climb on trees.
I would decorate my dream garden with lanterns and mirrors and I would put at least one fountain and one swing in it:)

Reaction score
I have seen so many ideas on here for a dream garden, from some of the great photos including Claudine's lovely mirrors to the fabulous arrays of ScotKat and nearly anything ZIgs. I am so struck with a year round garden for beauty as well as purpose after joining here. In the past mine has been for edibles, but I am going to branch out.

Reaction score
working with what i have now, i'd like for my trees to be bigger. hopefully just a matter of letting them grow (and hoping they keep growing and not die). at one time i wanted to line my back fence with rose bushes. part for the look, part as a deterent for anyone wanting to jump the fence (i'd call it my rose armada). i actually got the roses once, but bettween them being clearance plants and my waiting too long to get around to planting them, they all died. maybe later i'll try it again. also maybe finally trying a food garden.

a dream garden would look almost the same i think. the only thing would be my gazebo would be further away. when i've posted pics of my outdoor area, just out of view is a gazebo project. i'd love to have it out some distance, where you follow a path through the woods or something and it's more a separate outdoor space, instead of being only 10-15 feet away from the main area. aw well, that'd be a lot more property to have to deal with anyway.

Reaction score
Oh I have so many plans running through my head all of the time. Hubby shakes his head. I dream of a nice green house, a great aquaponics set up, lots of flowers, veggies, herbs, fruit trees, nut trees, fruit canes, grape vines galor, lots of berry bushes. Oh my list goes on and on. I could probably cover our ten acres easily with my ideas. All of these would have to look pleasing to the eye and be incorporated in a manner that did not seem so much like a chore!

Reaction score
Hard to imagine any serious gardener with at least one dream garden plan in their head and probably more. I have plans for veggie gardens, show gardens, herb only gardens, and on and on.

Reaction score
If I had a dream garden, it would have Roses, At least 7 colors, I would have purple trumpets, morning glory, bougainvilleas, alamandas, crepe myrtles, and oleanders.

I would have a water fountain and a birdbath, I would add a bridge, with a river like under it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Here is my dream garden:
aiwl_zps2afe0cb3.png

Just kidding, although I do like lots of color and some water in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Uh... I have a quite big dream garden! It'll definitely have pond. And one side will be full of white flowers. They look gorgeous! And it will have everything from trees to vines! Some of my must haves - Lily of the valley, Scented roses, Jacarandas and Weeping willow, Easter Liles, Morning glories, Forget-me-not, Touch-me-not, Lilacs, Night jasmine and MANY MANY MANY MORE :D!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Uh... I have a quite big dream garden! It'll definitely have pond. And one side will be full of white flowers. They look gorgeous! And it will have everything from trees to vines! Some of my must haves - Lily of the valley, Scented roses, Jacarandas and Weeping willow, Easter Liles, Morning glories, Forget-me-not, Touch-me-not, Lilacs, Night jasmine and MANY MANY MANY MORE :D!!!
All sounds lovely but can I ask you to think twice about the forget-me-knots. I bought some and they are truly pretty when in flower but look awful when done which I know most do but their little seeds stick to everything when you tidy them up. Each one has to be hand picked off your clothing. And they self seed all over your garden so I find when they are spent I'm constantly decorated with these little pesky seeds and as I walk around my garden I'm helping spread their seeds even more!!!:mad:

I obviously have it in for forget-me-knots!!!! I know they are pretty and I do appreciate them for a very short time but overall, I wish I'd forgotten about forget-me-knots!!!!
Am I the only person who feels this way?:eek: Seems silly to find such pretty thing such a pest, I know.

Reaction score
I do, but I would need a way bigger ouse in order to have it. Mine would have a lot shrubs, I'd atually love a little maze!!! That would be great! I'd put it right in the middle! I'd plant a lot dark colored trees and plants :) I'd also get a gazebo and plant a couple wisterias... just a dream tho, thart is not likely to ever happen :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our dream is to be able to buy the vacant lot beside our property. It is 500 square meters that we plan to put a small nipa hut as a rest house that will be surrounded with vegetable plots. The corners would have big trees to provide the cool shade and the front yard will have a compact lawn. Most of the vegetables would be exotic or not common and probably a lot of herbs too. That's our dream garden that we are still hoping to fulfill.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My biggest requirement for a dream garden, is absolute and total privacy. I don't want anyone to see inside my garden without me taking them. And a lot of decorations. Not enough to be gaudy, though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If I had space and unlimited money... Japanese garden, veggie garden, cottage garden, rose garden, bulb garden, a section dedicated to native varieties, and a greenhouse with tropical plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
the university here has a Japanese Zen garden. Its so beautiful and peaceful. It's off the beaten path, but its far from hidden. Its still always empty, though. I know it isn't the conventional garden, but I would like to incorporate it into my hidden dream garden.

Ask a Question