Dragonfruit Seedlings

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have these two sets of dragonfruit Seedlings that I started to germinate on friday. I have a large wooden rod that I am going to let them climb in, if that's not enough support I might just ad some chicken wire around the pots. Do they look safe? I planted them in cactus soil. Feeling kinda stressed that I might have broke off their root system because they dug their roots through the paper towel they were germinating on and I feel like I might ripped a coupe off while pulling them out. I didnt plant the ones that made a noticeable ripping noise when I pulled them out. I have a whole half of a dragonfruit in the fridge right now so if these don't work out, I atleast have another shot, wish me luck. 
IMG_20161011_180612.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161011_180602.jpg
    IMG_20161011_180602.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 274
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I have started dragon fruits from seeds a few months ago, and I recently bought a dragon fruit cutting. The cutting has more than doubled in growth of the seedlings. Cuttings aren't expensive and they will fruit much more quicker than starting them from seed.

Also, make sure the soil doesn't stay that wet. You want the soil to get crisp dry between waterings. A good guideline is watering once a week.

Ask a Question