Dracena Marginata help!!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been watering every 10ish days depending on the soil dryness. I just started last week allowing it to sit in the water until saturated to the top and then let it drip dry before returning to his pot. He's been dropping 2-3 leaves that yellow every week.. but this is the first time I've ever seen these brown spots! I pulled the leaves off just in case! Could it be because I'm having it sit and absorb water? Or is it diseased? Any advice to make him healthy again?
20200620_185656.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
The brown spots are due to erratic watering. If the soil dries out too much, the leaves will get brown tips and spots. Also brown tips on the leaves can also show overwatering. I wouldn't let your Dracena set in water "ever" and would allow the soil to dry about 50% now, to allow the roots more oxygen. If you lift the pot and its very heavy, wait to water it, and if its very light weight, water just enough to get a trickle of water out the bottom of the container and stop.

Ask a Question