Doing a bit of DIY

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really impressed with the skill of this young woman, Lin Guoer, who graduated from Kunming University, majoring in Water Conservancy and Hydroelectric Engineering

She lives in Wumeng Mountain in China. For the most part, she is only using basic tools. Her bench is part of an old door.
She can manage, electrical and mechanical engineering, sandblasting and welding. She mostly repairs stuff for locals.

Here she was given an old electric bike, which repaired and uses.

Here she renovated her grandpa's room.

Lots of other videos of her skills.

Check out her hands, they aren't "builder's hands," despite the rough work she does.

Dunno what sort of handcream she uses, but it certainly works.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That first one was reminiscent, we used to run a central heating repair shop, my mate did all that to the motors, I dealt with the time clocks. Had one installed back in the 1930's that was an actual seven jewel clock wound up by an electric motor, it worked beautifully once I had cleaned it and put it back together. The people at Potterton refused to supply us with first gears for programmers which were plastic and got grit in them in boiler houses. "They can't be replaced." they let us have them after watching me completely rebuild one, "We spent £3000 building a jig for our first experimental one." that was back in the 1970's when £3,000 was big money :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This made me smile. She made steel cupboards to go in the stand for the 1972 lathe she renovated.

She attached the steel doors with Blum soft-close kitchen cabinet hinges.

Ask a Question