Does Cilantro Really Whiten Teeth?

Reaction score
I don't really think so, what I know is that baking soda is one of the things that can really whiten your teeth. They don't recommend to use it so often tho, because it is a bit abrasive.

Reaction score
I buy that Tom's all natural toothpaste that has no flouride or laurel-sulfates. I like it but it's not a teeth-whitener and because I've been drinking a lot of coffee over the past two years (having babies makes you feel desperate for a routine pick-me-up stimulant), I am noticing a big difference. I normally get complimented on how bright and white my teeth are but nobody has said anything in the last year and I'm definitely seeing that they are turning shades so I have been reading a lot about natural remedies and just read that cilantro is a whitener but I didn't believe it. I just thought maybe someone on here would know. And, you're right. Baking soda is amazing for a lot of uses but it definitely messed with my hair when I tried the natural, home-made shampoos so I'm not about to make my own toothpaste...lol I was just wondering what fruits or veggies I should be eating to help take care of my coffee-stained teeth.

Reaction score
Then maybe you can try with a corn tortilla, I have heard it can be used a a whitener as well. You just need to burn it a bit and then rub that gently against your teeth. I heard that home remedy a while ago. You can try it :) Then tell us if you see a difference or not, I heard it's very good, btw, but never tried. As for veggies and fruits, you should avoid citrus...

Reaction score
Got it! I'll try it. It couldn't hurt. I'm definitely not going to try the more dangerous options they sell at the store.

Reaction score
Yeah, please do! Also please let me know how it goes after one week or so you should see some changes already. Remember you must burn it well and gently rub that against your teeth, some people use the toothbrush as well to have a better reach.

Reaction score
It probably has something in that it that helps a little bit, but I believe it just makes your mouth feel fresh, I think it is parsley that helps clean your teeth, not sure about making them whiter.

Reaction score
Yeah, please do! Also please let me know how it goes after one week or so you should see some changes already. Remember you must burn it well and gently rub that against your teeth, some people use the toothbrush as well to have a better reach.

I'll be everyone's guinea pig. :D

Reaction score
It probably has something in that it that helps a little bit, but I believe it just makes your mouth feel fresh, I think it is parsley that helps clean your teeth, not sure about making them whiter.

You know... I've heard that about parsley too. Maybe I'll try them both....

Reaction score
I've never heard that before, and then again why would I, I am so not one for eating anything with cilantro. However as I see parsley have been mention above I have heard that it helps with breath problems, and stomach acid. As for the cilantro I do not know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I doubt if cilantro can help you get whiter teeth. If you want to have a beautiful smile, start using whitening strips. I can say from my own experience that they work much better than any natural remedies.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been wondering this exact thing. I work at the local grocery store and a few weeks had a lady coming through buying 5 plants of cilantro and telling me this exact same thing. I am curious because I am a person who's all about using natural products so if this actually works then hey, i'm all for it!

Ask a Question