Does anyone crochet?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
My grandmother likes to use multi-colored crochet thread when she crochets a bedspread. The colors in the pattern turn out lovely.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I do a bit of crochet, I make blankets for the boys beds. Start with a square and just go round and round until it gets to the size i want.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't crochet but I can weave; pattern warp; operate a dyehouse (loose fibre) and knit; all industrial having worked in a number of mills starting in a huge blanket mill as a weft man; knitting was crimplene and lurex etc. My late grandmother and Bron's late mother used to crochet. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for asking Louis; yes both my late grandmother and Bron's late mother crocheted doilies which many of their generation did to pass time away. :)

You could always adopt crochet as a winter hobby Esther and I'm sure it would be a better option than watching the rubbish on TV in fact I think I'd rather crochet than watch mind numbing normal TV? :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You could always adopt crochet as a winter hobby Esther and I'm sure it would be a better option than watching the rubbish on TV in fact I think I'd rather crochet than watch mind numbing normal TV?
I am usually into Netflix, finding interesting cooking, food, design, garden, shows.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bron and I watch very little normal TV Logan but recently we've started watching "The repair shop" BBC 1 4:30pm and find this interesting. Also for a while we've been watching lots of traffic cops and police interceptor videos on YouTube but find these also on 5Spike around 7pm. On Horror at 6pm is original Startrek; some of these are rubbish but still better than modern rubbish. We watched a couple of gardening programs involving Charlie Dimmock but what a joke; all this work carried out for able bodied idle young couples who won't even try; one couple had an allotment but their garden at home was a disgrace; yes they pay for materials but why not do garden makeovers for more deserving people?

We never bother with Netflix Esther; we can find lots of totally free interesting videos on YouTube; we don't have a smart TV but we used to have a smart blu ray DVD player and I bought a pair of "TP links" allowing connection to this computer but then upgraded to an android. Using the remote control to type in details used to drive me mad taking forever but then I found these on eBay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4G-MIN...924932?hash=item3f81a3a444:g:wcQAAOSwhilZZKJO

WOW what a difference and not only for convenience and ease of use but a real time saver and what a lot of technology for so little money.

We would like to watch Hallmark movies but the background music is much too loud drowning out voices making it hard if not impossible to hear what is being spoken; increasing the volume just makes it worse which is a shame.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question