Do You Use Mist Fountains?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
iu

I'm posting this here because it relates specifically to houseplant care. One of the challenges with keeping indoor plants is preventing them from drying out due to the scarcity of humid air inside the house. To help with this, I decided to get a mist fountain that I would keep in close proximity to the plants. There are a number of styles available, I personally like the ornate and decorative forms. Because the fog always appears to be descending, I have wondered whether it is better to have the bowl raised at a higher level from the plants in order to ensure that they are getting the full benefit of the added moisture that the mist is introducing into the air around the fountain? Please tell me what you think about that idea.

Some mist fountains are designed to occupy a countertop or table while others are intended to occupy a space on the floor of the room - the latter are the ones you will want to cautiously choose, as the stands of many floor misting fountains are notoriously wobbly ( as with the common 3-legged stands ), or the manufacturer will sometimes include wooden end caps that won't fit the stand. As a rule, the bowls of the floor misting fountains tend to be larger than the tabletop models. As a user myself, I personally recommend XBrand's (formerly "Canary Products" or "OBreeze") Four Legged Floor Mist Fountain - it is by far the best budget option available of the floor mist fountains, and I can personally vouch for its quality. It's still not perfect, but it is currently the best there is in its price range; that is, until someone produces one that is better. Be forewarned though, you may be forced to reverse engineer or jerry-rig a DIY solution to that annoying leaky bowl. Clear flextape is your friend.

61u6m0WGlNL._AC_UL320_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/XBrand-FM868...ds=xbrand+mist+fountain&qid=1597978799&sr=8-4

If you're thinking about a tabletop mist fountain, Ebay seller "Specialitem" appears to have good ones in several different colours at pretty good prices. Notice that the model pictured does not have ball-shaped end caps on the feet of the stand; it may not look as cute, but this is actually what you want if you're hoping for a trouble-free stand. If you see similar models that have the other feature, I would suggest avoiding them - it wouldn't be worth the trouble of having to send for a return because the parts didn't fit. Trust me on that. Again, I have no experience with this tabletop model, but I do like what I see. If it has that same issue with the leaky bowl, clear flextape is your friend.

iu

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-LED-Mul...492153?hash=item2395683df9:g:hXEAAOSw33tfDL-e

Ask a Question