Do you love your Truck?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My Chevy and I celebrated our middle age together today. It was a private moment, and I enjoyed it. We both are high milage and need more gas.

20180125_174649.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice one DirtMechanic; your Chevy is just nicely run in then. (y):D It's a good job it's not the old days where decokes were often needed and oil changes every 3,000 miles otherwise at your Chevy mileage it would need a zip around the cylinder head; how times have changed since I had my garage business when I worked on side valve engines.

I too like old stuff Silentrunning especially old cast iron machines but when it comes to our car we have replaced the car every three years since 1990 with a brand new car; In 2014 Bron and I traded in again but this time against a brand new Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo our first ever Skoda and we loved this Monte in black over red; however we were invited to a VIP day at our local Skoda dealership with our Monte now at two years old in July 2016; we thought no harm in having a look but we ended up buying our current Skoda Yeti SEL 2.0L diesel in black. We loved our Monte but we love our Yeti even more. The Monte had sports suspension with very low profile tyres and it drove like a missile but our terrible roads used to rattle our teeth and locally there are so many traffic calming humps that we used to return home feeling like one of the little nodding dogs seen in the back of cars.

The Yeti is much higher with a commanding view of the road and with much thicker profile tyres it rides the potholes and road humps much better; it has full leather interior and like many modern cars it's like mission control inside in fact I still don't understand all the electronics and switches even controls now on the steering wheel; one thing I absolutely detest is the stop/start fuel saving function; stop at a junction or traffic lights apply the handbrake and the engine dies; depress the clutch and the engine starts; there is a button I press every time I drive the Yeti to deactivate this function but I dislike it with a passion although the rest of the Yeti is a dream and a real pleasure to own and drive.

Touch screen media centre on the dash area with bluetooth; electric windows all round; tinted glass excluding windscreen; dual air conditioning; tyre pressure warning; the list just goes on; the Yeti being box shaped has lots of interior space; the rear seats fold down converting it to a van and the rear seats can be removed to increase luggage space.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...b0qvXYAhUGkSwKHXzBDyUQsAQIPQ&biw=1920&bih=949

A few weeks ago I bought a windscreen cover which also covered the front driver and passenger door together with both mirrors because of frost/ice/snow; I then found if I selected maximum on heating control the windscreen cleared itself of ice; frost or snow in about two minutes; by the time I had cleared the side windows the windscreen was clear; just fantastic.

Engine power at 2.0L is ample and easily manages 60mpg away from home; whilst running in it read an high of 78mpg which is incredible considering our 1.2L Monte's 40mpg.

The Yeti is now being replaced by Skoda with an entirely new model of a different shape; in 18 months when we are due to exchange our car once again as the Yeti reaches three years old Bron and I are seriously considering keeping the Yeti for many years because we love it so much and there isn't a new car that appeals to us because most modern new cars look clones of each other the Yeti is different and it's a brilliant car all round; the Yeti has now covered only 10,500 miles; it's cheap to run and insure; road tax is only £30 per year and it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it and drive it; Even with all the onboard electronics Bron and I have added a SatNav and also a dash cam. Here's a video of the the dash cam in action; please note the rain on the windscreen which still hasn't let up other than for short periods. Our Yeti is the Adblue model.

Kind regards, Colin

Our Yeti July 2016.JPG

Ask a Question