Do you have fatty liver?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was reading on a website about when I can plant carrots, and there was an ad from Google. "3 signs you may have fatty liver - Watch Now!!" It's a picture of a person in pain, standing to the right of... a fatty liver.

o_O Why do they picture the fatty liver? :rolleyes: It's not as if I can check to see if mine looks like that.

I clicked the "X" to close the ad, but then followed the "Why this ad?" link. Anyone else ever done this? This is what I found.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Understand the reasons for the ads you see
Review the information used to determine the ads that you see and learn how to manage it.

This is a list of the information sources used to determine that this ad be shown to you:

• The information on the website you were viewing.
    • The time of day, the website you were viewing or your general location (for example country or city).
    • Your interest in:
      • Flora & Fauna
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was viewing a page for planting carrots, a little after noon in southwestern Ohio. I have an interest in plants and animals. These things equal fatty liver? :cautious:

What ads do you guys get? If you have a minute, would you be willing to follow the link and tell me what they tell you? :cautious:

:eek: Unless they are trying to sell you a tarp, a rope, and duct tape.

I'd rather not know. :unsure:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
My browser is blocking ads after the upgrade (on the laptop). But now, I specifically went to the site via mobile phone. There are ads.
@MaryMary Personally, I was offered cutlery discount of 77%. Well, that at least it looks more aesthetic than the fatty liver.:sneaky:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
One should check laparoscopy operations, all those fat tissue appear as if potato plant root.:eek::ROFLMAO:

Actually fat is good, they act as Styrofoam / cushion to keep organ inside the body in place.(y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Personally, I was offered cutlery discount of 77%. Well, that at least it looks more aesthetic than the fatty liver.:sneaky:
No kidding! I'd rather look at something shiny, anytime! :ROFLMAO:

Have you been looking at cutlery recently? :sneaky: Rope, tarp, and duct tape?? o_O

Was it an ad recommended to you by Google?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh, @Rajesh Sethi, I know they make money on it. I'm mainly interested in the "Why this ad?" link, which I have never really noticed before.

One should check laparoscopy operations, all those fat tissue appear as if potato plant root.:eek::ROFLMAO:

:eek: You're seeing the same ad? You must...have an interest in flora and fauna! :LOL: :whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Was it an ad recommended to you by Google?

Yes, there was a sign Google - service.
And no, I was not looking for items that are not related to gardening in recent time.
But perhaps someone is hoping that I will loosen the earth in a flower pot with the help of cheap plugs. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Un- related ads are good, same ads again and again is bad. Something may be pushing those to open them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Did you know, when you visit webpage Google keep track of it through ads ID, and show related items based on history.

Sometimes, they show random ads, once you open them, you will be targeted and pushed related ads.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
On another site, I was offered discounted ball gowns! Lovely gowns, all glittery and low-cut and fashionable. The only problem is that if I were wearing one, I'd scare the hens half to death, and no way could I bend over to weed! Someone missed the target, big time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How weird! Ad providers will try and work out which demographic you belong to, so maybe there is a high incidence of people in your age group and location with fatty livers?! Alternatively it might have just been a random advert!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Weird! I use AdBlock so rarely see ads. When I do, it's typically for something I've looked up on Amazon or something.

Don't recall seeing any for fatty liver! Though coincidentally, I'm taking a neighbor (alcoholic, poor health) for a liver ultrasound on Thursday. :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I have clicked on ads that have a format that bounces around because they are irritating and i have received this "why this ad?" but i received different options which i can't remember now, but one option was that the ad was offensive in some way. I clicked that option and the ad was immediately replaced with a less offensive one. I often see ads for "5 foods you should never eat", "5 foods that make you loose weight" and etc. I never click on those ads because i don't want to encourage them by showing interest. I'm sure glad i did not have to see that "fatty liver" eeeuuuwww.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Running is one of the best ways to keep the liver from becoming fatty. I'm running a 15K race on Saturday and my liver will thank me for it, but my legs will be cursing me:D

Ask a Question