Do you have any whimsical decorations in your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
I like to see gardens that have whimsical decorations in gardens. I have a couple of child statutes in an area, a partial white picket fence as a focal point in another are that I have been working on in my backyard. I did have an antique weathervane that was a little man in a antique car. I loved to watch it when I sat outside until it broke. I guess you can say I'm a little bit country.

Reaction score
I do not, but I would love to have fairies in my garden. It reminds me of those two girls with the cutouts of the fairies that took pictures and everyone thought they were real! Even if they weren't real, they were still such beautiful pictures and would motivate me to have some fairy statues in my garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I was thinking about putting one or two mirrors in my parents' garden, but I don't live there anymore, so I can't do it. If I ever have a garden on my own, I'll buy myself a small fountain:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
RGF 040.jpg
Front Bed 3.jpg
We have a column with a ceramic dish on top for a butterfly watering station. Nice and shallow, with gravel for the butterflies to perch on. This is outside our bedroom window so we can see it easily.
The front yard has two flowerbeds, one of which has a cross-toed gargoyle in it. Locals think it's a statue of a coyote. We don't have much in the way of garden decorations, but what we do have is strange.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I want some. We just moved into our house last spring, so we haven't put any of those special touches on it yet. I'm looking around for something that just seems special enough to call my own. I haven't found it yet, but I'm sure something is going to catch my eye. I still want a gnome, but my boyfriend is still really creeped out by them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have decorations in the garden but I don't really like them. It is hard to say that a little because they are kind of necessary to provide contrast to plants and bushes. You can't just have an endless sea of flowers and leaves, it gets exhausting.

They are nice to use to help create coves and depth by providing a visual break. I would definitely leave any gnomes, globes, and other common objects out of my garden. Nothing distracting.

Reaction score
I have a couple of goofy gnome statues. I know it's a bit tacky and looks a bit out of place but I get a kick out of it. Whenever I look at them I can't help but chuckle. Helps to brighten up my day and reminds me not to take things so seriously.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
This is our Gorilla, he's a pretty big fella, about 6'+ tall, We brought him home in the back of my truck, about a 30 minute trip on freeways and side streets. You can imagine the looks we got driving around with him in the back of the truck. He hangs out in the semi tropical corner of the back yard.

ry%3D480

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
My children commissioned this from a chain-saw artist for Mothers Day. He stands nearly 3 feet tall and will look better when he's weathered and has plants around him. The two tier bed he sits in has been almost emptied as the pole that carries overhead electricity cables (which is just behind the owl) is about to be removed. I've named him Oswald. :)

093.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A Owl! Nice one Sheal :)

Just picturing a chainsaw artist playing a violin :D

Ask a Question