Do you have an indoor living wall?

Reaction score
I probably have or could make the space. I'm not sure how to manage lighting though. I have a lot of windows but it gets very cold in the winter and sometimes I need to keep blinds and curtains closed. On the south side of my house where I keep them open in the winter has only two windows and not much wall space at all. Can I use artificial lighting for this sort of thing? If so, how would I go about that?

Reaction score
Those are some really wonderful and daring ideas! Not sure I'd ever give a herb wall a try tho, that sounds like a really high maintenance project! Kinda daring visually speaking for me as well, but would love to hear how it turns out for you.

Reaction score
These are really great ideas however i don't know if i could pull of this project all by myself, i think i would have to get some help from my hubby for this idea to be a success.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
These are beautiful photos and an amazing idea. I would absolutely love to have a living wall of herbs line my kitchen. A project like this seems like it would take a huge amount of work, maybe one day in the future I'll have enough free time to make one of these!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I posted this on another forum:

I installed a living wall. I have a wide variety of plants in the wall. Most of them require a minimum of about 8 hrs of light. I currently have a NextLight Veg8 it works well but is pretty centrally concentrated and some of the plants in the direct center get wilted/ burned easily. Was hoping for something that had a little more length to spread evenly across 12' of my plantings.

If anyone knows a good light system that suitable for growing with indoor plants I would love to get some links.

I currently run an extension cord along the ceiling rafter and hung the light off the rafter.

Attachments

• IMG_6327.JPG
    IMG_6327.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 443
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've always wanted one of these, they're all-natural living air filters that look super cool.

Ask a Question