Do you have an indoor living wall?

Reaction score
Its only been a couple months since I joined The Gardening Forum and I have already become addicted to everything relating to plants and gardens. :D

Project 1) My husband and I are building a custom greenhouse. I cannot wait until its finished. I think my garden will be just as happy.

Project 2) I want to create two Living Walls inside my home. The first one I want to build is an Herb wall in my kitchen. I think that would add the perfect touch to any kitchen. The second Living Wall I want to build is a large wall with air purifying plants.

Does anyone have an indoor living wall? I would love it if you share your thoughts and/or advice!

Here are some pictures of some Living Walls I thought were pretty amazing. Some are great for apartments.

1-green-white-kitchen-herb-garden-plant-wall-550x550.jpg
5-DIY-indoor-herb-garden-ideas-blackboard-labels-550x824.jpg
18b-mini-indoor-herb-garden-wine-drop-box-in-wood-countertop-550x288.jpg
Minigarden_balcony_2.jpg
Minigarden_balcony_window-surround.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These are all wonderful ideas, I really like them!:D Unfortunately I don't have a living wall in my house because I don't have enough space...I wish I had, it would be great. I'd probably decorate most of my walls with plants:D
Here is another stunning idea:

zoom_meadowvale-cemetery-and-visitation-centre.jpg

Reaction score
Never heard of a living wall before but I have to say they look very attractive, especially the herb ones.
Very labour-intensive I would think due to having to keep constantly watering them to compensate for the higher room temperatures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh yes, watering these living walls must be exhausting. But for sure it would be easier with something smaller, this looks great - and there are not as many plants as in the previous picture:

flowall.jpg

Reaction score
Never heard of a living wall before but I have to say they look very attractive, especially the herb ones.
Very labour-intensive I would think due to having to keep constantly watering them to compensate for the higher room temperatures.

This is all very new to me too. I would like to think you can make a living wall accustom to your living style. I am still researching it and my husband is not keen on this yet. I hope I can find a way to make it work in our home.

Jed

Reaction score
We did have a hoya growing all around a window and a wall for many years on string. It was taken down,cut back and re-potted so again we'll have a lovely creeper growing on the wall. It requires very little water and produces lovely little perfumed flowers. Unfortunately I don't have a photo to put here. so here's one off the internet.

IMG_1203-2d2ile4.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hoya is a very pretty and unusual plant, I'm sure that it looked lovely, Jed:)

I wish I had a planter like this, it looks like a miniature living wall:

elt_livingwall.jpg

Reaction score
We did have a hoya growing all around a window and a wall for many years on string. It was taken down,cut back and re-potted so again we'll have a lovely creeper growing on the wall. It requires very little water and produces lovely little perfumed flowers. Unfortunately I don't have a photo to put here. so here's one off the internet.

That is such a beautiful plant, Jed! I'd love to have one especially since it seems to be low maintenance.

Jed

Reaction score
That is such a beautiful plant, Jed! I'd love to have one especially since it seems to be low maintenance.

Well you must find a nursery that stocks them. Once you have it it is easy to propagate others. We have ours in a small 6" pot on a sill above the window. As it grows you weave the shoots around he string you have over the window or across the ceiling.

Reaction score
I have never heard of living walls before this but I love the idea. I love to cook as well as garden so I may look into ways to make a wall of culinary herbs for our kitchen.

Reaction score
I do not have one yet although I seen them and love the idea. I would also most likely start with the same 2 you did although I like the idea of doing one that has plants to repel spiders and such near doors and such too.
I might play around with doing the herb one a little later in the summer

Reaction score
I love this idea! This is so cool. I haven't heard of this until now, and I want to try it out in the near future - although I'm not exactly that adept with plants, which means I'd have to study these things first. But overall, this seems to be a cool concept that can add life not just to the kitchen, but also to the home. This is so cool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Plants make a lovely decoration, don't they?:D
In my opinion living walls look wonderful both inside and outside the house. I'd love to make something like this:

living-wall-large-vertical-garden-3.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do not have space for a living wall. I think all of the pictures present here are great, I could see doing the herb plants in jars in a small space.

Reaction score
All the photos look beautiful but I don't have enough space in my apartment for a living wall. It is a cool idea, though if you have enough room to make it work.

Ask a Question