Do you have a new project?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_0223.JPG
I was wondering if anyone has started any new projects. My wife was wandering through one of our old barns and came across these old stands. Her question to me was of course, "can you fix them"? After taking them apart and cleaning them I found I had enough parts to make two good ones. If they look strange it is because they are upside down in the picture. I guess I will take a break from the wagon restoration for a few days and see if I can't make these presentable for the holidays.

Is anyone else starting a new project?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My latest project is to clean up the mess left by all the other older projects .. This latest cleaning project is a big one.

1. Clean up the hedge bordering the chemical plant
  2. retire all plants to the south facing border
  3. Put fleece on vulnerable plants for tonight
  4. Get off this laptop. Hehe!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Silentrunning Put them on flebay and ask for buyer collects. Make sure you earn at least $10 plus 10% commission. You never know. Some people are crazy about antique like stuff.

Couldn't switch off the laptop and had to do an F2 to reload default setting.. Nuisance. But the laptop is about 6 years old. One of my best investment. 8gb RAM ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
@Silentrunning Put them on flebay and ask for buyer collects. Make sure you earn at least $10 plus 10% commission. You never know. Some people are crazy about antique like stuff.

Couldn't switch off the laptop and had to do an F2 to reload default setting.. Nuisance. But the laptop is about 6 years old. One of my best investment. 8gb RAM ..

Alp, that was my first inclination- to sell them if possible. Unfortunately, the chief decorator has other plans.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And I thought you were the Chief Decorator! Hehe! Listen to her. She is always right!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG
Project update. After disassembling the stands I had enough good parts to make 2 complete and sturdy stands. They were originally all brass plated. I don't like that look so I broke it up with wrought iron black paint. I first sanded all the metal to remove the rust. I primed with a coat of Ospho and then painted. The other parts were cleaned and roughed up with steel wool so they would hold the paint. I used Rustoleum Gold metal finish. I then replaced all the bolts and nuts. The best part of the project- my wife is happy!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those are beautiful, Silentrunning!! (y) Nicely done!!

Is the base for the plants flat or bowl-shaped? If there is enough of the third one left, would it be possible to fashion a birdfeeder out of it? (I don't have any new projects, but I like to help others. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Those are beautiful, Silentrunning!! (y) Nicely done!!

Is the base for the plants flat or bowl-shaped? If there is enough of the third one left, would it be possible to fashion a birdfeeder out of it? (I don't have any new projects, but I like to help others. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:.)

The base is a bowl. There were a few spare parts I saved and the bowl is one of the parts. Thanks for the idea of a bird feeder. I hadn't thought of that. ;)

Ask a Question