Country
United States
snail-sitting-on-plant-leaf.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They absolutely love grass seedlings from freshly sprouted seeds but don't seem to like mature grass very much.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lawns are one of the main sources of molluscs in the garden. Sometimes you see strange things, like a starlight night when the entire lawn was covered in a mass of intertwined worms. Another night there was a row of fifteen or twenty large snails all going the same way across a dew covered lawn in the moonlight like a fleet of galleons.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, snails do eat grass, unfortunately. If you have lots of snails on your lawn, you can place a slice of melon on it, which will attract them. Then just remove the melon with the snails on it. You can also make your lawn drier (snails love moisture) or create a prickly barrier that prevents more snails from coming.

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
When I have a snail issue in the yard or garden, I place out some homemade traps. I cut a few aluminum cans up keeping the bottom half of the cans. Lightly burry the cans to the lip and fill them with a smelly beer. Michelob beer works well.
Snails love beer, fall in and drown.

Ask a Question