DIY Or A Professional

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Did you hire a professional for landscaping and garden design or you did it yourself? Are there DIY landscaping tips online that can help one while designing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I design my garden and I'm still redesigning after 12 years. My garden is forever changing because I can't make up my mind on how I want it or I find a new plant for the garden. But thats what makes me get up every morning just to see what I can find in the garden to change.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am a designer myself and have designed several gardens before doing my own

Reaction score
Not for our current garden, neither do I plan to do it with the garden in the new house ;) Not even that great to start with, lol. I'll do everything myself with the help of my future husband :) We want a little green house to grow chilies and tomatillos in, maybe other things as well.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will do the designing my self when I get a new garden. I think that is one of the fun things about being a gardener.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would never hire a professional for landscaping, because I like doing everything by myself. Only I can touch my beloved plants:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
For some time I dated a guy who was a landscaping professional, he had a degree in horticulture and it's what he did for a living. He helped me design a lovely "English style" front garden at my last house. No lawn to mow at all, just ground cover and lots of perennials.

I'll do the same at my current house...actually am bit by bit eradicating the front lawn with perennial beds. I enjoy planting and weeding and faffing about in the garden, plus I probably couldn't afford to pay someone to do it. I feel much prouder of what I've done myself, such as it is!

I'm sure there are all sorts of sites that help you with garden layout and design. I've seen many, although none come to mind immediately. And of course there are helpful people right here who have absolutely gorgeous gardens!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't have a large property and my garden is a tiny space I carved out to plant some flowers and vegetables. I have no need to design or hire a professional to do it. I only need to arrange where everything would go :)

Ask a Question