DIY hydro seeding

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Would it be possible to use a drywall hopper gun to hydro seed? They blow some heavy stuff, from the days of the popcorn ceilings, and I happen to own one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't see why not. I have done it numerous times on construction projects. The only thing is getting the slurry in the right proportions and getting the seed correctly mixed into the mix. Also it has to be on bare ground

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thank you @Chuck I will check that out later. Lotsa rain and d basement drains have my attention now. My main concern was forcing anything living through that relatively tiny orifice and then assuming it would be normal when in fact I just broke the seed in half, to put it nicely. I got this idea from the queen of compost tea. Wonder what she is up.to these days?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you @Chuck I will check that out later. Lotsa rain and d basement drains have my attention now. My main concern was forcing anything living through that relatively tiny orifice and then assuming it would be normal when in fact I just broke the seed in half, to put it nicely. I got this idea from the queen of compost tea. Wonder what she is up.to these days?
If you're referring to Elaine Ingram she is still pod casting and teaching at Colorado State. I personally saw and spoke with her in 2007 at a compost tea seminar.

Reaction score
Country
China
It is necessary to water plants. If there are more plants, artificial watering is not only slow, but also very tired. You need some watering equipment.

Ask a Question