Disappointed with my Mango Trees

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have a farm with lots of Mango Trees but lately I became discouraged because I am not getting a good profit with it so I am contemplating of replacing them with coconuts or dragon fruits. For one mangoes require spraying for them to fruit for grafted ones which is time consuming and require a lot of capital for it to fruit. Tips and advice, anyone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
There is a province here called Zambales which has a lot of mango farms. But lately they are shifting to other trees like citrus (pomelo and oranges). There was a time that mangoes in the province was so abundant that they couldn't sell for profit. So what the mango farm owners did was to just let the mangoes get ripe and fall to the ground and become trash. They had lost money during the year which taught them a lesson.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This is sad but they should have processed the fruits and not have left for them to rot in the ground. I have heard of Zambales as one of the primary spots to buy sweet and flavorful mangoes. Another place worth mentioning and comes to mind when mangoes are mentioned is Guimaras and this is actually the place I have my trees which is sad because I am now disappointed with my trees.

Ask a Question