Diamonds Blue Delphinium

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
My Name Danielle Robinson, and I live in South Louisiana. Since living here I figured out we have a pretty mild winter and can grow lots of plants for the spring time. I recently bought a plant called Diamonds Blue Delphinium. Does anyone know if it will return next fall or will I have to replant it. I read that delphinium is a short term perennial but being that it is south Louisiana some things are just cool season annuals and not perennials.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the forums.

Diamonds Blue Siberian Larkspur (Delphinium grandiflorum 'Diamonds Blue') is a cultivar of a species native to Central Asia, Siberia, Mongolia, northern China, and Korea. It is true that a mild wet Winter can be stressful to a plant that has evolved to go dormant in cold winters. Even in it's native climate, Delphinium grandiflorum is a short-lived perennial, and it is often treated as an an annual in horticulture.
Still, 'never say never', the plant might return next year, but don't rely on it alone to provide a display, as its return is questionable..

Ask a Question