Designer of Vertical Garden new member

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This new member doesn't seem to have posted anything but put her/his advertisement on the profile page.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the heads up, I've banned this spammer now :).

If you happen to spot a spammer, there should be a "report" button either on their posts, a profile comment or even their member profile. Once that is clicked, all the mods and admins get an alert, so one of us can zap it super quickly :D.

It looks like we've had a few spammers sign up this week, not sure why they've have been so many this past few days. I'll see if there's anything in common I can use to tweak the spam filter a bit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Ian i have used the "report" option which is easily found if the spammer posts, and i did look for the same option in this case but could not find it when i pulled up the profile page. Now that i know it is there somewhere i will take a closer look and i'm sure i'll find it. Yes, i have noticed how quickly you all can zap spammers. It is awesome! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Ah yes, good, i was looking on the initial profile page and need to click one more time (page 2) so i will be ready for the next one.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It looks like we've had a few spammers sign up this week, not sure why they've have been so many this past few days.

Probably with so many of us heading into winter, they are not getting the business they were before. Spamming forums is the new version of cold-calling. :cautious: :rolleyes:

Yes, i have noticed how quickly you all can zap spammers. It is awesome! :)

:) I've noticed, too.

(y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy: :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
You know what struck me as so funny about this particular spammer @MaryMary ? The call themselves
"Designers of Vertical Gardens" but the products they use are all artificial like plastic ivy, etc
laughing girl2.gif
What are they thinking to target Garden forums?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Beverly, who knows? :confused: Why would someone take the time to open so many threads - just to show walls of Chinese text to an English-speaking forum?! :cautious: And under two different names, no less!! :eek:

Ask a Question