Desert rose

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I hope I am in the right forum.
Hello, I know that fresh desert rose seeds will have a higher germination rate when they are fresh. I already have 20 seedlings from last August and I have 20 seeds stored. I want to germinate them in March. Will they still germinate after seven months? How long can I store them and get good results?
Thank you.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome Ziva. :)
Don't know about your rose seeds specifically but most seeds are viable for at least a year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard! :)

Good advice from @Beth_B, your seeds should be fine in March as long as they are stored in a cool, dry place.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I guess you are right, Beth_B. Many thanks :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never seen these type of seeds and never hear about them. Thanks for sharing. Because I learnt something new from your post

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope I am in the right forum.
Hello, I know that fresh desert rose seeds will have a higher germination rate when they are fresh. I already have 20 seedlings from last August and I have 20 seeds stored. I want to germinate them in March. Will they still germinate after seven months? How long can I store them and get good results?
Thank you.
I got my seeds to sprout by placing them inbetween two sheets of paper towel. I wet the towels and placed all inside a gallon storage bag. About 90% terminated within a week. I then placed the sprouts in a seed sprout tray. I am about to replant them into small pots.

Ask a Question