Desert Rose Adenium swazicum

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I live in S, Fl. Not a pro. I have a variety of outdoor plants from Orchids to succulents. I have a few desert rose. Two I have are about 9-10 yrs. Previously they would pod and I was able to harvest and germinate the seeds. I repotted them about two years ago and they have never flowered as well as they did previously, nor do they pod. I tried them inside the pool cage and also out, no luck. The plants without the pots stand about 4-5 feet tall. I would like them to flower and pod as they have in the past. Any ideas? and Thank You.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
You can try to stimulate flowering.
Adenium is prepared to flowering for 2 months. Older plants can be cut. To give shape to. Then fertilize with organic fertilizers. And arrange dry period of 2-3 weeks. Place for Adenium at this time - not hot.
After a dry period, Adenium should be watered during the 3 days of small amounts of water with fertilizer for orchids (8-24-24). Then stop watering before the flower buds, which should appear within 3 weeks. When the buds are formed , Adenium needs regular watering, to prevent buds drop.
For good flowering Adenium likes phosphorus - potassium fertilizer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
You can try to stimulate flowering.
Adenium is prepared to flowering for 2 months. Older plants can be cut. To give shape to. Then fertilize with organic fertilizers. And arrange dry period of 2-3 weeks. Place for Adenium at this time - not hot.
After a dry period, Adenium should be watered during the 3 days of small amounts of water with fertilizer for orchids (8-24-24). Then stop watering before the flower buds, which should appear within 3 weeks. When the buds are formed , Adenium needs regular watering, to prevent buds drop.
For good flowering Adenium likes phosphorus - potassium fertilizer.
Thank You

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My Deserts rose won't bloom for a year or two after repotting. How much bigger was the new pot ? when I repot I only go up about 2 inches bigger and raise the plant to show more of the caudex, in the winter I let them rest and only water onces ever 2 months just to keep them from drying out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
The pot was not much larger. They are now very crowded in their respective pots. I noticed today that the larger one is covered in tine pink blossoms! I replanted two others today and noticed that the potting soil was quite damp. I added some sand to the mix to increase the drainage. Looking forward t see if this makes a difference.
Thanks

Ask a Question