Desert roase / Adenium Arabicum

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Hey everyone i got these two little leggy adeniums in october. The 2/3 branches on each plant were long and soft and needed support with a stick. The leaves started turning yellow and falling off. I decided i had to either prune it to get a shorter bushier plant or let it harden up and have a tall less bushy plant. I decided to prune off all branches so it can sprout some new ones. I hope i did the right thing because they seem to be dormant. Any thoughts?
F43838D4-283B-4687-9420-7C60BA70EDDD.jpeg
DC9393AB-1F77-4D17-A5F7-25AAB6A7F59B.jpeg
FBDFA1A5-3B49-457A-9BB8-F424161ED9DD.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hello! The soft branches of the adenium are a bad sign ... There may be a problem with the roots. Falling leaves can have 2 reasons - a natural process for some species and a diseased plant. I also cut my adeniums, but only during growth. Some of my adeniums have lost leaves now, because they have a period of rest. But in spring, when I see young green leaves, I will cut the branches.

If we talk about your adenium, I would wait now to see if the plant will develop or not. If your adenium will live, the pot should be a little smaller.

Ask a Question