Decorate for Christmas

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you decorate for Christmas? Do you decorate both inside and outside? If so do you decorate with yard art or lights?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We decorate inside with the 35 Nativity scenes we've collected--banana leaf figures from Kenya, hand-molded figures from Guatemala, and several from Mexico. We also have a big tree with ornaments from the past and the present, and garland on the mantle. Candles in the windows and garland on the front fences with big red bows are the outside decorations, although the candles are inside and just show outside.
We dearly love Christmas time, and enjoy decorating the house. I even put a swag and big red bow on the barn gate!

Attachments

• Christmas mantle.jpg
    Christmas mantle.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Christmas mantle.jpg
    Christmas mantle.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Carved bowl from Africa.jpg
    Carved bowl from Africa.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 233
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Love the fire place and your clock.
I didn't do much this year one put up one tree and a few lights out side.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just a tree indoors.

Here's my outside lights a few weeks back when we had a thick fog.
IMG_5638 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We only decorated the Christmas tree and put two lights up on the inside of our front window. Throughout the house, we have Christmas knick knacks displayed too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
my family does xmas decorations mostly indoors, with everything from the traditional tree and lights to xmas paintings, sculptures, dolls, and more! The house honestly looks like xmas threw up on it, but it is very very festive as well!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hate Christmas decorations, but we had to invite a few people for a Christmas dinner, so I bought four transparent glass baubles. I'll also light some candles.
We won't have a Christmas tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We decorate inside and outside for Christmas. I absolutely love decorating for Christmas and love to see a neighborhood lit up with outdoor lights. One of my cockatiels thinks it is just great flying to the top of my 12 foot Christmas tree and then I can't get her down. I guess she feels like she is free and in the wild!

Attachments

• Cinnabun.JPG
    Cinnabun.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 216
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I did the decorations of our house for Christmas and although it's quite late since I started putting up the lights on December 12, it is still fully appreciated by the caroler. Our frontyard have colored LED lights hanging by the iron grill fence and there are also some lights in the bushes by the planter box. In the interior, we have the Christmas tree with elegant balls and trinkets plus the lights, of course.

Reaction score
My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, so we don't decorate at all. Next year I'll be spending the first Christmas with my husband in our home though, and since he does celebrate it I will definitely decorate :) We will get an artificial Christmas tree, our own decorations...

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
This time round I managed to make my own Christmas tree. I used led lights to decorate it. It is somehow cheaper than buying a Christmas tree from the stores.

Attachments

• images (24).jpg
    images (24).jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 225
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We have lights in our yard, ornaments on a large tree, a wreath, some vintage wooden signs and also our tree is up. It's a little hard with a cat and a baby - the ornaments on our inside tree have ended up on the top of the tree and not the bottom as they have both been pulling those off! But yes - we like getting into the Christmas spirit and having our house looking and feeling festive!

Ask a Question