Dear weather....

Reaction score
Because....
A couple weeks ago I started my veggie plants.
We intended on tilling and getting the garden ready for planting this week.

Plants are coming up fast and look great.
Transplanted a couple kinds already.

So what's my problem?
The weather.

We are back down to freeze with snow.
Nebraska is way behind on where we should be as I'm sure we're not the only ones!
Those that I have started in egg cartons need to be transplanted now.
Others are getting close!
I am beginning to thing that I will have to build a garden in my garage with grow lights and heat so these plants don't go to waste!
My herbs won't be a problem.
It's the cukes, pumpkins, squash, and the rest that will be the problems!

Can't wait till it's warm and dry enough to till and plant!

How about you? Where are you at for your garden?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's been the same problem in the UK. We're at least 5 weeks behind on the growing season too. Got loads of seedlings indoors, moving them around the house to get the best of what little sun is coming thru.

Its forecast to get better from Sunday onwards but its been a bitter spring with icy winds, snow & total cloud cover.

Gonna take a few weeks for the soil to warm up even if we get warmer air temperatures.

Like i've said on the other, other forum.

Drop your trousers & put your bare bum on the soil, if you go EEK, then its not warm enough to plant into:D

Reaction score
That sounds like a tough deal you two are having. The weather is perpetually warm where I live. So growing stuff isn't a problem.. but plants usually die as they get scorched with the summer heat.. I guess we all have different kinds of problems.. I have had to water my garden at least three times a day since the last two days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Today we had the first warm day here, where I live - finally! It really feels like spring and it makes me want to dance:D . I miss my miniature roses so much! Soon, they'll bloom, I'm sure of it. It's 13c and although it's raining now, the morning was sunny:D

Reaction score
The weather has been quite crazy here in NJ too. Tho they say here that you are not safe to plant frost intolerant plants until after May 15th, you can usually get away with planting them at the end of April. But our weather has been odd. March was colder then normal and then Monday - Wednesday we had close to 80 degrees (very warm for us in beginning of April) and now today we were in winter jackets and it was raining. Supposedly it was about 43 today, but it felt even colder then that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It just seems like the winter doesn't want to give up and go away this spring. We are in Alabama, and it is finally getting nice down here, but I watch the weather on the Weather Channel and they just keep on showing snow and blizzards up north. Hopefully, it will start warming up all over soon, and we can all enjoy being tut side and working in our gardens. I am hoping to start planting mine by this weekend, as long as we don't get another rainstorm.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha this made me chuckle!! :D :D

I think Terry Walton might have read that post as he quoted it on the Radio 2 Allotment program yesterday:D

Horrible cold wind & rain here again today. Never ending winter:(

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Winter has had a strong hold on the areas making it hard to start the garden. It has finally let go. I have been in my yard pulling weeds, getting the grass cut. Now I have to decide what I want to plant. Dear Weather thanks.

Reaction score
Our weather is still nuts. We had an inch of rain then it turned to sleet then snow.
Snowed for a few hours, nothing stuck.
Now it's cloudy and cold.
For Nebraska you can look at it both ways, unusual or not usual.
As they always say for us here....Stand still 5 minutes and it will change.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, just had a look where Nebraska is, you couldn't get much further away from the sea could you.

Hot and sunny here for a change, things are actually growing:)

Reaction score
Dear weather, please be good to my baby and I so that she can go outside and play and not have to be inside the house all day. I love to play with toys on the porch with mommy and sometimes I like to watch the rain fall but not today. Dear weather please be nice to me today.

Reaction score
We never really get a very hot summer here in England in the area I live. I am from North England, and our summer is just not as good as down the South! It's lucky that I own a Greenhouse though as this allows me to grow when I would otherwise not be able to.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Very sunny today, although the wind was still cool.

Solar heated water got up to 71 Celcius/ 159F.

Reaction score
It is hot and humid out here.. We have had the hottest summer in ten years and it is not going to et any better says the weather man. There has been no trace of rain this spring.. Gosh we are in a furnace .

Ask a Question