Day Lilly's

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Day Lilly that has the the smallest size shoots. It will stand up to the size and weight of it own blooms. I need help knowing what to do to help out this struggling little shoot. His the the little Engine chugging up the hill!!

I've attached 3 pictures of the flower, shoot, and the actually plant itself.

Maybe someone will know what type of Day Lilly it is?

Attachments

• IMG_6312.JPG
    IMG_6312.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_6313.JPG
    IMG_6313.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_6314.JPG
    IMG_6314.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DGiles as for knowing which daylily it is that would be a vary difficult as there are some 80,000 daylily cultivars and counting, they are great plants they can normally hold there own blooms Never had a problem with that. I'd find that a pain as the flowers only last a day! Maybe place a flower support over the plant and let them grow into it. I have done this with peony's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You don't say where you live. That would be really helpful information, when asking for plant ID.

A lot depends on your soil, adjacent plants or trees, light, location, etc. At my last house I had daylilies that competed and mostly lost to a black walnut tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've got the same issue with some of mine in my bog. They flop over with the weight of the buds.

Ask a Question