Dastardly Dill!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I grew some dill from seed in small yogurt cups and then transplanted it into a larger 6” pot and placed it under my grow lights under my kitchen cabinets. It did well for a few weeks, then the leaves started to turn brown and shrivel up. It keeps producing new shoots but they get about 4” tall and meet them same fate. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• D8C8DBDF-29D5-4275-9461-8ADD8D616936.jpeg
    D8C8DBDF-29D5-4275-9461-8ADD8D616936.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Its leggy. Its not getting enough light. It would do much better on a windowsill. Have you fertilized it and if so with what?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had the seedlings in a southern facing windowsill and they showed signs of being leggy there too. Maybe the window glazing was filtering the beneficial UV light. Or the suns arc just didn’t provide enough direct rays through the window. I can tell you now they sit directly under a grow light that’s 10” away and it’s on for 11 hours a day.

The soil from HD was a potting soil with fertilizer built in so I didn’t want to supply more. I have a vegetable liquid fertilizer I can use.

kris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does dill, and other herbs, need a specific light spectrum range? My Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board lights are 4000K. Pure white looking. I've noticed some other indoor growing lights have what appears to be a purplish/red color.

Ask a Question