Darth Vader.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Occasionally we enjoy the odd dry day here on the valley side but being without gale force wind; hail; rain; snow; sleet and ice etc brings other irritations.

I was digging up masses of roots in perfect peace enjoying myself a couple of days ago when I heard a familiar sound; because it was dry and warm all the bugs were attacking me and one in particular a fly was darting to and fro across my vision tormenting me; as I swatted one another quickly appeared to replace it; yes this is normal to most gardeners but this time the sound of the fly caught my attention; it sounded just like a "LIghtsaber" from Star Wars; I was sure Darth Vader was with me as I listened intently to the buzz; I know I'm sad but has anyone else noticed this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Vader

It's going to take a lot more than dire weather to get me down. This is my smile for the day. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I never heard one that sounded like Darth Vader, but we have some just as ominous as him. The two I hate the most are gnats (how can such a little bug leave such a giant welt that gets so itchy?) and horse flies (deer flies...I think they are the same buggers.) Big, nasty and do they hurt! When these get to flyting, I break out my wide brimmed hat and spray the top of it with deet to keep them at bay.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks MoonShadows; yes gnats are a real pain; I never feel them nip but as I settle down for the night up come the big itchy bumps; horse flies don't bother me but wasps do and although I like to live and let live I'll swat a wasp as soon as it appears; I think wasps are the skinheads of the insect world? :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't Like Horse Fly's. Luckly I Don't see many & Have not had one attack me for a couple of years. Gnats are a pain to me but only as they buzz around my head In evening in the Garden. I'm lucky as I don't suffer from them. Like most People As I never get the Giant Welt or Itchy bit. I stopped getting all that in my twenty's so they can't hurt me:). I'm Cool with most Insects Even the ones that Bit or sting......But Midges ......I Hate Midges & Scotish Ones :mad:.....Nothing Can be worse than a Cloud of those nasty's. If all fails get em with the Darth vader flower;) darthvarer flower.jpg

Ask a Question