Dangerously inclined banana plant with flower

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
How do you tie, or support the plant from falling?

They have delicate leaves and stem.

Almost 70° to ground

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Sorry, couldn't get a photo due to bad weather and was bit busy!

sd33%2B%25287%2529.jpg

ok, I was hoping the description was enough, still I have to do strange hopping dance to get this picture.

banana plant333.jpg
banana plant3334.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Looks fine to me..... i have seen bananas blooming and producing fruits at a far greater inclination, just fine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Looks fine to me..... i have seen bananas blooming and producing fruits at a far greater inclination, just fine

Thanks but fruits has not started to grow yet, Its quite heavy when its fully grown.
I chopped few leaves before so that it does not lean more to left.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
I know that the flowers are heavy and the fruits are very heavy..... but i have never in my life seen a banana grow perfectly straight..... they are always inclined.....
But you could use a couple of bamboo poles to support the flower stalk just as precautionary measure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've lost three leaning banana plants in the past two years from heavy wind (Hurricanes Matthew and Irma), one of them had a heavy load of bananas and I knew I should have built a support for it, but didn't....:mad:

Here's an idea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hard to tell from your pic just how bad the lean is. I would just use a couple of pieces os 2x2, 2 longer ones stuck into the ground and a shorter one to tie them together at the top in a triangular shape. Let the plant lean across he top cross piece, maybe wrapped in something soft. The banana plant together with the supposrts should create a bit of a pyramid that is pretty strong. You could use pvc as above (have not wat he'd that video yet).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok, just watched it. I would do two ropes to create the pyramid. I'm sure he has experience with this, but I would worry that winds 90 dog to his support could still take the plant down. Do two and I think you are good. I plan to use wood as posted above when mine flower. Let us know what you do and how it works out as I'll be in the same position soon ( hopefully)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alba

Latest Threads