Dandelion Tea!!!

Reaction score
Anyone here ever drank dandelion tea? My mother-in-law brew me some dandelion tea this morning, it was so delicious, it's actually the first time I am drinking this tea and it somewhat tastes like coffee. I had to do a research on dandelion; below are some of my findings, I am somewhat amazed at its properties.

dandelion tea
everything about dandelion tea
Facts: Dandelion Tea Benefits

Some of the many traditional benefits of dandelion tea, just for starters:

• Dandelion tea tastes good (especially with a sweetener like honey or sugar—or, a good taste with a no-carbohydrate choice, like xylitol).
  • Dandelion tea benefits your health (in fact, it’s very good for you)—as health enthusiasts world wide can attest for this delicious herbal remedy.
  • Dandelion tea forms a prime medical ingredient in over half the phytonutrient blends on the market (weight loss, rejuvenation, detoxification; digestive, liver, kidney, & skin supplements).
  • Dandelion tea uses include as an ingredient in cooking.
  • Dandelion tea aids in digestion, and functions well to relieve digestive disorders like constipation and diarrhea.
  • Dandelion tea works great to purify the blood and cleanse the system.
  • Dandelion tea enhances detoxification, by stimulating urination and, in addition, by replacing the potassium lost in that process.
  • Dandelion tea is one of the most effective herbs for getting the bloat out and helping relieve water retention.
  • Dandelion tea has specific action inreducing inflammation, of the gall bladder and of the bile duct, and for rheumatism and arthritis.
  • Dandelion tea improves the function of and maintains optimum liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, stomach, and gall bladder functions.
  • Dandelion tea helps in treating chronic hepatitis and jaundice disorders, and encourages healing of damaged tissues caused by alcohol liver disease.
  • Dandelion tea helps reduce high cholesterol.
  • Dandelion tea contains antioxidants that help your body fight off toxic bacteria and viruses.
  • Dandelion tea helps with weight control—especially with weight loss.
  • Dandelion tea strengths incorporate well into muscle building programs for weight lifters.
  • Dandelion tea actively ameliorates disease—it is a potent disease-fighter—and helps the body heal, helps boost immunity, and combat cancer, heart disease, and age-related memory loss.
  • Dandelion tea aids health maintenance for people suffering from Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes.
  • Dandelion tea transfers magnificent amounts of minerals and vitamins: A, C, D, E, & B complex, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, choline, and boron, etc. when infused in hot water.
  • Dandelion tea can be made solely from the blossoms, the leaves, or the roots (roasted or not)—or, the entire plant.
  • Dandelion tea is traditionally served plain (as is), and also made into other beverages—like ale, beer, “coffee”, and wine.
  • Dandelion tea as a face wash cleanses complexion, improves skin clarity.
  • Dandelion tea makes a great bath addition, especially when made from older, stronger (tougher) leaves.
  • Dandelion tea can serve as an inspiration for a great tea party!
  • Making dandelion tea by gathering fresh plants is good exercise (and, some people say, improves the look of your lawn).
  • Composting spent dandelion tea blossoms, leaves, and/or roots, after drinking your dandelion tea, improves soil composition.
Are you ready for Dandelion Tea? Do you want its health

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Yes, I have been drinking dandelion tea for years, both the raw roots and the roasted version. It has made an enormous impact on my liver, cleaning out the toxins and improving my digestion. I love the taste, especially with a bit of warm soy milk. Here where I live you can get a soy dandy latte or even a soy dandy-chino. It's very common around health food restaurants and cafes. :)

Reaction score
Dora it sounds to me that soy dandy-chino is surely yummy; i will definitely have to check out the cafes here and see if its available. I am pretty new to dandelion but I am so loving this teas and all it's benefits.

Reaction score
Tons of reasons to make it, drink it, and use it for a wide variety of healing purposes. Thanks for sharing that with us, that list is a keeper.

Reaction score
Never tried it before, but I had heard of people using dandeleons for making tea. I never felt too curious, but it seems dandelion tea is very good for health. Sad to see herbal medicine is no longer in use.

Reaction score
Yes, I have been drinking dandelion tea for years, both the raw roots and the roasted version. It has made an enormous impact on my liver, cleaning out the toxins and improving my digestion. I love the taste, especially with a bit of warm soy milk. Here where I live you can get a soy dandy latte or even a soy dandy-chino. It's very common around health food restaurants and cafes. :)

Wow, Dora! That sounds awesome. My liver surely needs some help! I might start drinking this tea as well, but how do you know it has helped your liver to detox?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sounds like it is really good for you, but I thought it would be really bitter. The white goo that comes out of the stems does not taste all that great.

Reaction score
Wow, Dora! That sounds awesome. My liver surely needs some help! I might start drinking this tea as well, but how do you know it has helped your liver to detox?
Trellum, I don't know if you ever have "liverish" days. For me it means that I am edgy and irritated, accompanied with bloating and a general feeling of stuck energy. When I started with the dandelion tea, I noticed how it gently "smoothed" out those unpleasant sensations over a period of time.

Reaction score
Sounds like it is really good for you, but I thought it would be really bitter. The white goo that comes out of the stems does not taste all that great.
Hi Rosyrain, the white substance that comes out of dandelion stems is really good for getting rid of warts. The roots have a strong curative power for many different ailments, such as liver and digestive disorders. And the roasted roots taste are a great alternative to coffee, and taste absolutely delicious with a bit of honey. :)

Reaction score
Trellum, I don't know if you ever have "liverish" days. For me it means that I am edgy and irritated, accompanied with bloating and a general feeling of stuck energy. When I started with the dandelion tea, I noticed how it gently "smoothed" out those unpleasant sensations over a period of time.

Awesome! I'm definitely going to try it! I think my poor liver needs some detox... I got the wrong diagnosis and been on antibiotics for nearly one week. So I sure need some way to detox that poor liver.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Years ago, I dug up a whole bunch of dandelions, and brought the roots in and cleaned and roasted them to make a coffee-like drink. It didn't make very much, and was really bitter, and I decided that it was not worth all of the work it took to dig, wash, roast, and grind them up to drink.
There must be a much better way to make the tea than the way I did it ! ! How does everyone else make their tea ??
I have used the leaves as a green to eat, and have also heard that you can eat the flowers, but I never have tried eating any.

Reaction score
Once you try this tea it's gong to be a definite keeper; I had the roasted version and it had a refine delicious taste that's similar to coffee ; after seeing all it's benefits it's goodbye coffee for me.

Reaction score
Thanks for all of these fun facts I have always thought about trying It but never have. I am going to have to get some.

Ask a Question