Dallas TX, Grassy Bushes. How to groom and what are they?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I am new to Dallas, Texas, I bought a house and it has these 2 Grass bushes. Just wondering what these bushes are, and how do I groom them? Do I just throw a hedge clipper at it and see what happens?

IMG_1567.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks like Pampas Grass with the bloom shoots pruned off. Need closeup's

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that might be it but mine do not bloom like the ones in the photo perhaps a lack of water. I think that is it though thank you.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Check that pool salt content. Not a pool guy, but the non-chlorinated pools use something as a sterilizer... the pool side seems less happy than the far side.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a Chlorine pool not salt. Also I think you are seeing a glare. The color does change slightly from the deep end to the shallow end because of depth and most likely foot traffic as you dont walk in the deep end, but not much. Also the shallow end doesnt start where that glare is it starts way further to the right. I bring my water to my local pool guy every week to have it checked, on Saturday everything was on par. Thanks for the concern.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, just relieved to know and hope I haven't offended you. A botanist shouldn't have a problem recognising a Pampas Grass. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question