Dahlias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I planted 6 dahlia tubers directly into the soil (10 cm deep) in mid April, but so far only one of them had put in an appearance! We haven't had any ground frost, as far as I know, since they were planted, and they have been well watered throughout this very dry May. Should I just keep my fingers crossed the others will appear soon or is there anything else I should/could do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed nobody answered you @Jan N :rolleyes: .....Maybe they came up by now? If not, I would poke about and see if they`re still in there - hope the mice haven`t had them ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks - one more appeared yesterday! I had been tempted to poke about, but was afraid I might harm them. I'll give it a cautious go!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One thing I still have to learn about gardening........ must be patient, must be patient, must...:playful::playful::sorry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b-10a
Country
United States
I had put 10 calla lily bulbs (5 per pot) back in late March. The last one finally made an appearance a couple of weeks ago. I am also trying to learn the patience thing with gardening :D:D I'm wanting to move things around already, and my husband (whose thumb is a bit greener than mine) keeps reminding me to let them go a whole season and see what happens. That is very hard hahaha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't been out today - but another one had put in an appearance yesterday, so more hopeful than I was when I originally put the post up

Ask a Question