Dahlia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello from Ohio all you beautiful gardeners. Here is my adorable dahlia. She performed her heart out all summer even though a bit crowded in her pot. We cut her all the way back in September and proceeded to ignore her. Today is November 7 and just look at her! I think dahlia is a true perennial in Britain's wonderful climate. But here in zone 6a, our winter temps can go as low as -20f (-29c). We generally have lots of ice and snow. This darling dahlia is my first successful one. Anyone have advice for me to over winter her?
20221107_111231.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you very much Louis. We are expecting hard frost in the next couple of days so it's time to retire our patio garden for the winter. We cut away all her beauty and rinsed off her tubers. She is now drying in the basement. Hopefully we will have our greenhouse this time next year. Louis just happens to be my husband's name!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Louis is the first name of my maternal grandmother's maternal grandfather.

Ask a Question