Dahlia Problem, new to gardening

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Spring came late here were i live (which is when I planted my dahlia) and it sure got too much water, even if i planted it in a pot and thought that it was well drained and all.
It started to wilt on the lower leaves at first, but then the problem spreaded on almost every part of the plant.
I thought that giving it a bigger pot would help it heal but things still went worse after just a couple of days.
Some searches on google point to some disease and fungi but Im not really sure how to manage

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
Italy
20220614_092254.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Spring came late here were i live (which is when I planted my dahlia) and it sure got too much water, even if i planted it in a pot and thought that it was well drained and all.
It started to wilt on the lower leaves at first, but then the problem spreaded on almost every part of the plant.
I thought that giving it a bigger pot would help it heal but things still went worse after just a couple of days.
Some searches on google point to some disease and fungi but Im not really sure how to manage
Also, i tried asking for help in r/Gardening on reddit, but I only got 1 answer telling me to cut to soil level the plant.
Since almost 8hrs passed from any other responses i did so

Ask a Question