Curled and small leaves on basil

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
As my username shows, I’m a novice in gardening and I need help with my basil. Attached photos are of the basil I have for about 3 weeks now, I planted from seeds.
Roughly about 5 days ago I noticed the plants have stunted growth and the leaves are small and curled. I applied fertilizers right away as I try thought they are malnourished.
But the, I saw somewhere on the internet saying that could be because the plant isn’t getting enough sunlight. I thought that might be it since it was placed at an outdoor spot with natural light but not direct sunlight. I moved the container to a spot with direct sunlight 2 days ago, but I noticed the leaves are gaining a slight yellow hueit’s kinda hard to see from the pics.
I live in a tropical country, I water the plants with a little splash of water everyday. Applied fertilizers once I noticed the stunted growth.
Please help.

Attachments

• 5C4C0ED8-B3DE-4BFA-9D2A-CA40643EF900.jpeg
    5C4C0ED8-B3DE-4BFA-9D2A-CA40643EF900.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 9A5EC207-C3E5-49E4-8ECD-A275D4BD9E7C.jpeg
    9A5EC207-C3E5-49E4-8ECD-A275D4BD9E7C.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Of course, your pics are only a moment in time, quite literally so, but from I see, your Basil (Ocimum basilicum) looks healthy. It sounds like you are cultivating your plants correctly. Bright light, regular water with good drainage, and application of fertilizer should all help your Basil to grow. Do you know which cultivar of Basil you are growing? If any problem persists or becomes more apparent, please do post again.

Ask a Question