Cure for the dark

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs had posted that he might be able to turn on his lights one evening, since his solar panels had charged. I hate to think of Zigs sitting in the dark!
That got me to thinking about our solar light. It is a simple thing, works great, and we charge it up when the sun shines and save it to use when our electricity goes out (which it does with frequency).

Ours is the simplest and least expensive. It is about $15 each on Amazon, and it really puts out light! The two ladies who invented the Luci Light sent a plane to Puerto Rico, loaded with Luci Lights to help those without electricity.
We have two--one for use in the house, and another if we need light in the barn at night. We have shown ours to neighbors, who ordered two or three for their homes/outbuildings.
I don't have any connection to Luci Lights, except a deep admiration for the ladies who saw a need, invented a solution, and then shared with those who were in need.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good MG (y)

I get thru a lot of candles either side of the winter solstice, that could come in handy :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Zigs had posted that he might be able to turn on his lights one evening, since his solar panels had charged. I hate to think of Zigs sitting in the dark!
That got me to thinking about our solar light. It is a simple thing, works great, and we charge it up when the sun shines and save it to use when our electricity goes out (which it does with frequency).

Ours is the simplest and least expensive. It is about $15 each on Amazon, and it really puts out light! The two ladies who invented the Luci Light sent a plane to Puerto Rico, loaded with Luci Lights to help those without electricity.
We have two--one for use in the house, and another if we need light in the barn at night. We have shown ours to neighbors, who ordered two or three for their homes/outbuildings.
I don't have any connection to Luci Lights, except a deep admiration for the ladies who saw a need, invented a solution, and then shared with those who were in need.

Very cool! Are they UV resistant do you know? I imagine it would have to be.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
They are UV resistant, but aren't in the sunshine all that long while recharging. Lots of folks use them for camping, since they are much safer than lanterns, and there is even a model that you can plug in your cell phone to recharge it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thems the best part of £20 over here :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I am without electricity in my country house after any severe thunderstorm. Sometimes it's a few days. I also use candles. To ensure that they burn longer, they should be densely coated with soap and foam and allowed to dry. To have a soapy thin layer.
d4d58f.jpg

Or so.

Ask a Question