Culinary Sage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 10 year old culinary sage plant, as well as a number of herb plants that are getting older. Is it time to replant new young ones for better flavor or do the older plants actually produce the best herbs? I couldn't find anything online about this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have a 10 year old culinary sage plant, as well as a number of herb plants that are getting older. Is it time to replant new young ones for better flavor or do the older plants actually produce the best herbs? I couldn't find anything online about this.
Sage is usually good as long as you take good care for it. That being said, after 3-5 years there's usually a change in taste (depending on what type of sage you have). It becomes more earthy and sometimes even less potent.
You can always try a taste test! A young plant vs your plant? You might find you prefer the earthy, more mild flavour of your older plant.

Ask a Question