Cucumbers can be contained

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have grown cucumbers for the last few years along the ground. I have just planted them and let them run wild, really. This year I was a little more limited on my available space for the more vine type vegetables. I decided that I might try to grow them up in a make-shift tomato cage type thing. ( I made my own so that I could have the exact size I needed.) So I took some cage wiring and placed it along all four sides of my cucumber plants. At first I didn't think that it was going to work, but eventually when the plants took off they decided to cling to cage. I have had to keep an very close eye on them, and re-direct them to where I would want them to grow. But, it did work! I was able to keep my cucumbers contained and under control for the most part. I will definitely be doing this again next year with my cucumbers. Definitely a space saver as I was able to plant more vegetables, in less space!

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Wow! I never knew cucumbers could run wild. Thanks o your expertise, you could contain them.

Thanks for sharing,I learnt something new today.

Ask a Question