cucumber blossoms

Reaction score
Country
United States
My son brought home a cucumber plant for mother's day and we have it in a container, it is doing really well. So far we have one female flower starting to blossom, but none of the males are even close to being as developed. What do I do if the female doesn't have a male ready to pollinate it? If this is in another thread, sorry, but I haven't had much time to really search through them.

I have attached a picture but it is getting dark so it isn't too clear, but I think you can get the idea of my concern. You can see the males lower in the image, and they are representative most of the males.

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 298
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
There are three "types" of cucumbers;
1) Outdoor, which need male flowers to pollinate the females.
2) Indoor, where the males MUST be removed or the cukes are bitter.
3) All-females, which don't produce male flowers except under stress, and are relatively trouble-free.

Is yours type 1) or 2)?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it came home with our 8 year old, but we did not get any information about it. So, I have no clue.

I know the flower fully opened this morning and none of the males are even close to the same stage.

Ask a Question