Cucumber and Lemon Water

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the cucumber and lemon water? which is like a healthy drink. I have tried this and it's quite refreshing.

Reaction score
Yeah, over here we like it a lot! When I was younger I didn't like it so much because I tasted a cucumber and lemon water done by the wrong person: she didn't add sugar to it! Not even one bit! Fortunately several years later I tasted a really nice and refreshing lemon water at one of those restaurants where they sell sandwiches and salads.

Reaction score
I have tried it, I also put some sprigs of mint from my mint plants in it as well and it makes a really great refreshing drink. It is supposed to be a detox drink of sorts. I love to have it in the summertime when it is hot outside the cucumber is delicious.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Try this, also very good for you using fresh fruit, herbs and veggies.
1958250_10151979116437499_927632199_n.png

Reaction score
I like lemon water and I did not care for cucumber water. I dont know if you are saying to mix them which might make the cucumber more palatable.

Reaction score
Although I've tried it - its not something I would want to drink too much of - as although I like lemon water I'm not very keen on cucumbers and therefore would much prefer to drink either

Watermelon juice

watermelon-juice-glasses.jpg

or Pomegranate juice

pomegranate juice .jpg

both of which we have an abundance of here and always make a really refreshing healthy cold drink - at any time of the day :D

Reaction score
Yes, I am trying to break an addiction to soda so I am experimenting with different types of flavored waters. I have also made a water with mint in it, this is great if you have it in your garden, I would recommend drinking this one super cold. I have also had a lot of success putting a little grapefruit in water (I just squeeze a little in, I don't slice it) it's very refreshing.

Reaction score
I've never bought a drink like that. I always put lemon in my water; it makes it taste so good. I've tried it with cucumbers before too, and it's so light and refreshing. It might be nice to mix the two. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I like ice water with lemon in it, but have never had it with cucumber. How do you make it ? Do you just add slices of lemon and cucumber and chill it, or is it made in the blender and then chilled ? Do you sweeten it or just drink it straight as it comes?
I have a soda stream, so now what I usually drink is carbonated chilled water, and add a little lemon or cranberry to the water afterwards.
My mint is growing really well, so i am going to start adding a sprig of mint to the ice water as well.

Reaction score
I have actually never tried putting mint in ice water. I am going to have to try it. As for with cucumber, just slice up your cucumber and allow the pieces to sit in your pitcher for a little while. You can also add them directly to your glass, like you would with lemon slices.

Reaction score
I adore cucumber on my sandwich but water? I know you squeeze out the lemon juice into the water but how about the cucumber? Do you just slice and drop it in? Sorry, my first time to hear about it. I would love to try it. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lemon and cucumber water is a great drink to have pool side on a hot summer day. I have also tried orange water and this tastes good too. I am not fond of the mushy texture that the fruits and veggies take on once they have been soaking in the water for a while so I tend to strain them out once the juices have mixed with the water.

Reaction score
I do not care for cucumber water. It leaves a terrible taste in my mouth, but I love lemon water. Maybe I will try the two together and enjoy it. I will give it a go just this once. :)

Reaction score
The only problem I have with making flavored waters is that I only have ONE glass pitcher, the rest are plastic. It really does need to be glass for the oils in the plants not to interact with plastic. So I don't get to make as many varieties at a time as I would like. Ok, going off right now to make some now.....

Reaction score
At this very moment I am feeling the need to have a tall glass of cucumber and lemon water but to my dismay I ran out of cucumbers. It's extremely humid here in Jamaica, I am feeling so miserable.

Ask a Question