Canada

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Always like to try something different...I'm in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Funnily enough, I bought some seeds a couple of weeks ago, and will prick-out/pot-on 9 seedlings in the next week or so.
They're perennials, so I kinda expect late fruit (if any) this year, but a better crop next.
Will lift and store in sand over winter, like dahlia tubers, if all goes to plan. (If I like them!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well great, now I have a bunch more seeds on the way that I don't have space for... So... Thanks for that!:D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cucamelon (Melothria scabra), also known as Mouse Melon or Mexican Sour Cucumber, is a tropical perennial vine often grown as an annual in temperate climes. The marble-skinned, grape-sized fruit tastes somewhat similar to the fruit of Cucumber (Cucumis sativus).
Melothria scabra is native to Mexico, Central America, Colombia, and Venezuela.

Another similar species is the Guadaloupe Melon (Melothria pendula) which ranges from the central and southeastern United States to northern Argentina, as well as most Caribbean Islands. Reports on the edibility of M. pendula are more mixed, with some authors claiming only unripe fruit are edible, with mature fruit acting as a harsh purgative or laxative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siddhant

Latest Threads